Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Christmas Miracle

This is I spent time thinking of Christmas Miracles. I started wondering about mine. Would there be one and was their ever one in the past. Truthfully, I never looked and if they came it was not with a loud thunderous announcement. "I AM YOUR MIRACLE!" Consequently, it was a new of consciousness and one that bade some time to reflect upon. And then Noah coughed.....

Although most people who know us are aware, for those that don't. Noah has cold induced asthma. If he gets a cold then we are usually hospital bound or at least very attached to our nebulizer, so we pulled ourselves up and got ready for the onslaughter of our own barely breathing just to listen and see what was going on. When Noah was one we almost lost him when his lungs closed and wouldn't allow any air in and that has remained our defining moment. So, with the neb at the ready and the hospital on speed dial we were ready, but this year was different....

It came without fanfare
or emergency lights.
It came without wheezing
and tough fitful nights.
He just coughed
and wiped his nose on his sleeve
and went about playing with the greatest of easy.

So I sat looking down
at my greatest joy
A wonder he is
my miracle boy
And so I wish you all
the best Christmas yet
One that brings happiness
and love without fret.

So that is my Christmas miracle today. My son sleeping with sugar plums dancing in his head.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a magical New Year.

No comments: