Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I miss me....

For the past year, I have enjoyed the wonderful new role of my life...Mommy, but I miss parts of me. It is funny I was looking at a friend's pics on flickr and saw her oldest is graduating from high school. I remember when he was 9 months old. I kept thinking about how much fun we had together and suddenly I'm missing old stuff.

I downloaded the lastest Depeche Mode and Duran Duran. I miss these bands and music right now I like, but it doesn't let me escape like these guys. I was a little sad to see Timbaland on Duran Duran. I think he and Justin Timberlake have become a bit overexposed, but I digress. I had a rough couple of days and whenever I got the chance I would drown in Cure - Disintegration is the best album ever.

I miss my crafts--cross stitching and scrapbooking. So far Noah is still in the NICU and connected to many tubes. There just isn't time with work and Noah to do it all. I want to learn to knit better and finish learning sign language.

I miss literature and book discussions. Although adorable Big Bulldozer is not some great allegory.

I guess you could consider this my birthday whine, but I think of it more as a moment of misty-eyed walk down memory lane and the dreams I had when I was young.

(Now is the perfect time for a song...)

But all that comes to mind is 5 Little Ducks :)

No comments: