Saturday, April 12, 2008

Change

Change is good, albeit scary, but good. Several events have happened over the last week. First, Stephen and I attended a band concert from our band. I haven't played in over a year and I was amazed at how much I missed it. Noah is one and I think by September I will be able to handle going to practice again. I will leave school at 3:00 and stay with Noah until 7:00, then head to practice. We will see how it goes. It is hard to be without him, but I have given up all of my interests to be with him, so I want to try and bring some of them back - slowly. He is so much fun to be with and I always feel like I am missing something. How can you resist a face like this....



The second change of the day is that I am changing grade levels. Due to the budget issues, we have to downsize 4th grade from five teachers to three. I sat in the meeting and looked at my team and felt it made the most sense for me to go. I had contemplated pushing for 1st grade, but 3rd seem to be a better placement, so I am off to 3rd grade next year. It is only one of two grades I haven't taught yet. I think it will be fun and challenging. Of course this all occurs just as I figure out a new way to organize all my 4th grade materials. Teaching 4th for seven years has resulting in the accumulation of a lot of stuff. One advantage to 3rd is that their is still pieces of what I have that can be useful. Unfortunately, changing grade levels can also be expensive. Luckily, I shouldn't need too many more picture books for next year. Although I do love picture books. :)

No comments: