Friday, June 11, 2010

A Fabulous Birthday Present

Today, some dear friends and I celebrated my birthday again, because why only do it once. It was an amazing day. We went to a place called SpaWorld. It was brilliant. We spent the day in a fabulous heated pool with different jets to massage different parts of your body. We also went to a number of saunas and sweated before returning to the pool.

During our visit, I decided in indulge in two different spa treatments. The first was a body scrub. Let me tell you there is no part of my body that has dead skin on it anymore. Trust me not an inch. It felt soooo good and I was amazed at how soft my skin was when it was over. Next time I am going to add in the massage with it. The second treatment was a 30 minute foot massage. It was so relaxing I almost fell asleep. Honestly, the place just lends itself to a nice relaxing day. It was quiet, and comfortable. The place was a cozy kind of warm and I enjoyed reading and sleeping as well.

Then of course there was lunch. We ate Bi Bim Bop. One of my favorite dishes in the world. I could eat it all the time. It is a Korean rice dish served in a hot stone bowl. They load it with vegetables and an egg. So good...most Korean restaurants serve a lovely miso soup and several sides that includes kimchi (another fav) and this time dried squid. I was in heaven.

The day also had a certain sense of empowerment for me. I know this sounds quirky, but I am not one of those people that looks in the mirror and says "Wow! What a goddess." In this place you were naked when you went to the pool and for the scrub. I put on my best brave face and was convinced that I would die from humiliation, but was determined to have fun. It wasn't like that at all. I felt embarrassed for about a minute and it just faded away. Everyone else was there too and it just didn't seem to matter and I felt that maybe my feeling about my body weren't really that big a deal. I came home delightfully happy and relaxed. Truly a wonderful day and a fantastic birthday present.

I must say that I couldn't have had this day without Stephen agreeing to be Noah's solo caretaker for the day. They had a wonderful time just Daddy and son. Big hugs to my favorite boys for letting me have a me day.

I now I am ready for sleep....

2 comments:

Kathie said...

It was a fabulous day!! So glad you enjoyed it, I definitely came home as a limp relaxed noodle.

Daddy/Noah day sounded like an absolute success.

Sue in N. Va said...

A totally awesome day and it was delightful to see you smiling the whole time!! Happy Birthday!!