Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back from Vacation

For this year's vacation, we rented a house on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and spent a week relaxing. Okay, everyone else spent a week relaxing. I got the task of cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the babe. So really same day, new location, but it was a lovely location. When you stepped out into the back yard you were looking at one of the estuaries to the bay. Gorgeous.

I did get some reading done and decided to work on my scrapbooking. I stayed up one night and got 3 pages done. That was as far as I got. I also tried some new recipes while I was there and made everyone the guinea pig. We found a seafood market and got some crabs and scallops. Super yummy! Stephen went fishing in the bay and caught a flounder, so I got to clean and fillet my first fresh fish. Not my favorite experience, but it tasted fantastic.

Noah had a wonderful time. He has become my official water baby. We took him to the beach for the first time. I expected him to last about half and hour, but two hours later I was dragging him from the beach. He would have played until he collapsed. The great part was that we were on the bay so the water was at our knees for a long way out. Noah didn't have to worry about not touching the bottom and he loved jumping the very tiny "waves." He became so comfortable with the beach that at one point I thought he was going to head out on his own until Stephen reigned him in. My son is fearless. I am hoping extreme sports are not in his future.



So now we are home and I can focus on finishing the last bits of cleaning my house. We just got a new water toy. It is a squirting beach ball. Can't wait to check that out!

1 comment:

Sue in N. Va said...

Welcome home! *HUGS!*

I am glad that everyone had a good time. We have to get together soon!