Saturday, January 3, 2015

Realizations

Have you ever spoken to someone about their problem or issue, trying to be a good listener and discovered in your conversation that it has turned around for you and become less about them and more about a seed idea about you?  I was talking with my husband this evening about how he was feeling about his job and in the process discovered that his job makes me angry.  My husband is in sales and is honestly never around.  I go to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning because it is the only time that I have to myself since I spend every moment taking care of everyone by myself.  Right now he is home, but this is a rarity for us. He is usually at work.  Unfortunately, this is the price that has to be paid so that he can do the job he enjoys and I would not want anyone telling me I couldn't teach because it causes my spouse to have to work a little harder.  Until we had this conversation, I didn't realize how alone I was feeling.  Now what do about it remains a whole other question.  So for the moment I will sally forth and enjoy my life, but I did find the realization fascinating.

No comments: