Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Angels in the World

Tonight I took my mother to Urgent care to see about a possible blood clot. She is doing fine at the moment and will get further tests tomorrow. While we were getting her prescription, there was a 14 year old girl who had recently had a heart valve transplant. She collapsed and became unresponsive. He father was screaming and crying for someone to help her. A nurse came immediately and within a minute there was a group of people around her getting her stabilized and calming her father. At the point we had finished retrieving our prescription she was breathing and able to open her eyes. By the time we left the parking lot the ambulance had arrived and they were placing her inside.

These are moments when I am awestruck by people in the health care field. They are truly amazing. I know everything they have done for my little one and I wanted so much to hug that father and tell him I knew how he felt and that one day he too would take his angel home, just like we did. If there are angels in the world, I think most of them must be in the health care field. Tonight as I get ready to sleep in my bed at home I am thinking of that family and sending them my love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

No comments: