Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Friends and Fireworks

20 years later and here we are. I attended my 20 year high school reunion last week and it was very fun. Honestly, it was great to get in touch with people I haven't seen for a while. Several old friends couldn't make it which was a bummer, but we still had fun. The person next to me is Lee Ann and she and I have been friends since 8th grade. I only get to see about every other year and I loved being able to spend time with her.


For the 4th we drove down to Wakefield, George Washington's Birthplace and had a picnic. We used to do this all the time when I was a kid. Noah enjoyed his learning about toasted marshmallows. This place was perfect. It is right next to the Potomac River and had some wonderful woods to explore. It was also incredibly clean. Can't beat that!

We took Noah on a hike through the woods and he decided that a good hike needs a big stick to cart around. But after awhile...Noah decided that riding on Daddy's back is a must better way to hike. But did you know....
you ride on Daddy's shoulders too. These are the great parts of getting older. I miss the infant, but toddler to preschooler is even better.

We have also begun potty training and although I know it is common to take a picture of your child and their first poop in the potty. I decided that is there is a limit to my wanting to capture every moment of Noah's childhood. I do have to say though that potty training is much easier than I had initially feared. Hopefully, transitioning from pull-ups to underwear will go as smoothly.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Whew, you have some SERIOUSLY handsome men in your life!! And a great photographer's eye.